ATTENTION TRAVELLERS: If you are looking to register for travel-related COVID testing or access your FlyClear results, here.
Preparing for a Test
Arriving prepared for your test can help ensure all goes smoothly.
Find a location
Prepare for a Visit
When you visit a LifeLabs patient service centre, please bring these two items:
A valid and completed requisition form for the tests ordered by your doctor/healthcare provider. To reduce your wait time, complete the personal information on the form in advance. Note: In Ontario, forms issued by hospitals are not accepted at LifeLabs and tests must be completed by the issuing hospital.
Valid health card
Bring your valid provincial health card each time you visit the Patient Service Centre.
- Although most routine tests are covered under your provincial health insurance plan, some tests may not be covered.
- If you forget your health card or if your card has expired, we may ask you for payment to process your tests.
- If your test is not covered under your provincial health insurance plan, for your convenience, we accept: cash, cheque, Visa, MasterCard and debit card.
A standing order requisition is valid until the expiry date indicated by the ordering doctor/healthcare practitioner up to a maximum of two (2) years. After the standing order expires, you will need to return to your doctor/healthcare provider for a new standing order requisition if repeated testing is still required.
Proper patient identification is crucial for testing accuracy. That’s why you can expect us to ask for patient information twice during each visit.
Once when you are registering, and once again before your procedure, we will ask you to give us your:
- health insurance card
- first and last name
- date of birth
Before your test, follow all required steps for the particular laboratory test your physician has ordered. This may include fasting or other preparations. For more details, see Patient Test Instructions.
We know you are busy and we want to help you get back to your day. That’s why appointments may be booked to help reduce your wait time. If you are unable to book an appointment, we do our best to minimize your wait, but the length of your visit will depend on the number of patients in the Patient Service Centre. Typically, wait times are a little longer in the morning as patients tend to fast for tests over night.
After your visit, your sample will be taken to one of our laboratory testing facilities for processing and reporting.
To provide a comfortable and safe environment for our patients and employees, please avoid wearing scented perfumes or creams when visiting our Patient Service Centres. We appreciate your cooperation in providing an allergy free environment.
Patient Test Instructions
For rush results (NAAT within 12 hours and PCR within 24 hours)
- Order your FlyClear test and receive your FlyClear test requisition
- Book an appointment at a LifeLabs location below.
- Bring your printed FlyClear requisition and Passport
- Select your ordered Province’s Rush Test to start booking:
Pre-Departure testing now available from the comfort of your home with MyVisit (Currently Greater Toronto Area only)
- Order your FlyClear test and receive your FlyClear test requisition.
- Book your Home Visit appointment with the MyVisit portal or, if your flight is within the next five days, contact a MyVisit coordinator 1-416-993-9579 (Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm EST)
MyVisit Pre-departure testing offers:
- COVID-19 PCR/NAAT swab testing
- COVID-19 Antibody Blood (serology) testing
The MyVisit fee is $80 per person.
Book your appointment online here. If your flight is within the next five days and you have received your FlyClear requisition, please contact a MyVisit coordinator 1-416-993-9579 (Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm EST).
Your health & safety is important to us
Please note that face masks are mandatory at all times at all of our locations to ensure the health and safety of all customers and employees.
Please inform staff if you are unable to wear a mask due to a medical condition.