We’re pleased to share that we are enabling electronic reporting of LifeLabs Genetics’ Panorama™ Non-Invasive Prenatal Screening Test (NIPT) results. Our reporting system will go live in Ontario on October 24, 2022.
This implementation will offer you and your patients an improved experience in managing health information by receiving test results electronically rather than through manual faxes. Initially, we will be providing electronic reports for Panorama™ NIPT results only in the LifeLabs Genetics portfolio, but we expect to expand the availability of electronic reports for other Genetics’ tests in the future.
Panorama™ tests that are currently eligible for electronic reporting include:
- Panorama™ Basic Test (assessing chromosomes 13, 18, 21, X and Y and triploidy, with an option to add on fetal sex)
- Panorama™ Basic Test + 22q11.2 deletion syndrome
- Panorama™ Basic Test + microdeletion extended panel (analyzing 22q11.2, 1p36, Cri-Du-Chat, Prader-Willi and Angelman syndromes)
Key points to note:
- This update will provide the ability to send and access LifeLabs Genetics’ Panorama™ NIPT results electronically for health care providers that elect to receive reports electronically through our reporting systems.
- As a health care provider, you can subscribe to LifeLabs’ Launchpad service and opt-in to receive electronic reporting. Or, if you are already subscribed to an external EMR provider that is integrated with LifeLabs, you will be able to access Panorama™ NIPT reports through that EMR system.
- Patients who are registered to receive test results through MyCareCompass will be able to access Panorama™ reports within 5 calendar days of the report being released to the ordering health care provider. This is to ensure the health care provider has enough time to review and interpret the report before consulting with the patient.
- If you have elected to receive reports by fax and would prefer to continue as is, we will be retaining the faxing process. Furthermore, the clinical process for reporting results will remain the same as well.